Wednesday 26 November 2014

DAY 330 / GAME 330 Rainbow Six

DAY 330 / GAME 330


Rainbow Six

      Rainbow Six wasn't always the action-squad shooter it is today.  Rainbow Six started out as a very strategic and unique, somewhat slow, tactical shooter.  Unlike the newer R6 games, you don't necessarily have to directly control any one character; instead, you map out what your team will do, their weapon and gear loadouts and their timing.  Set them into action and hope for the best.  You can hop into any of your teammates and 'help out' in a First Person mode.
     Rainbow Six is not a game for the impatient.  R6 is a thinking man's game, like chess, it requires a player to think strategically about the level set before them and what impact the placement of each team member will make once everything is set into play.

     I never owned a copy of Rainbow Six myself, but my uncle sure seemed to love it.  I gave it a go a few times on his computer back when it came out, but I think I was only able to complete the first mission.  And at that I lost all but maybe one team member.  The most fun I ever had was customizing my team members.  


    Rainbow Six may be a game I never spent a ton of time on, and certainly not a game I'd go back and play again.  (Well, maybe I would.)  But it certainly started something great.  I really did love the idea set forth and the games spawned from this.  I kinda wonder if anyone else other than hardcore military buffs spent any time in this game.


   Sorry for copping out on this short post.  But it's a post nonetheless!


No comments:

Post a Comment