Friday 21 November 2014

DAY 325 / GAME 325 Granada

DAY 325 / GAME 325


Granada


      Yet another title in the slew of imported Sega Genesis titles I got the chance to play on my uncle's machine, Granada was a tank-shooter where the goal was to roam the map, eliminating every target at which point you would then face a boss.
   Granada was pretty straightforward, it was an overhead view with a small map in the corner, showing enemy unit locations.  The maps were pretty cool, starting from what looked like a military base and even expanding to one where you are on top of a flying fortress, shooting down enemies as the ground whips past you below.

       I guess there's not too much to say about Granada, not nearly as much as must of the other games I post about.  But it is one of those childhood games I loved to play, I just loved the idea of rolling around in a tank and it always feels like there aren't enough shoot-em-ups like that out there.


      Granada is also one of those games that I always find hard to remember the title.  Since Granada is a city, I keep thinking the title must have been something else.  Looking it up isn't much easier because of course a game is the last thing a search engine will find when keying in 'Granada' but also because the cover art makes it a bit ambiguous and apparently some people thought it was titled Granada X or xGranadax. 

      Like with a lot shoot-em-ups, there isn't much to say.  They are enjoyable at the most fundamental level and come from a place where videogames were first though up.  I grabbed this recently on an emulator to give it a go again and it was as much fun as it was the first time around.  And just as difficult.  This was definitely one I was never going to finish on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment