Saturday 20 December 2014

DAY 354 / GAME 354 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

DAY 354 / GAME 354


Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

      There was a fantastic bout of time just after I purchased my Xbox 360 where a friend of mine, Jesse, was almost always good for an online match in whatever game we had to be interested in at the time.  I think it started with either Gears of War or Splinter Cell: Double Agent; both of which we played with each other online for an untold number of hours.  We were always trying something new and eventually we ended up playing the newest Call of Duty game when it was released.  Modern Warfare.


     Like Halo, the console crowd online can be really hit or miss.  Since Counterstrike, I lost most interest in any online community that consisted of strangers.  Especially a bunch of murderous children who would leave me at the bottom of the leaderboards like it was as easy as eating their MacDonalds hamburgars.  Jesse and I however, ignored everyone else anytime we got online.  We simply set up a chat between us and turned off everyone else.  I'm sure people were complaining about our ability to play the game.  But we'd never know.


      Modern Warfare at the time featured some of the best looking graphics I'd seen in a while for an FPS game.  I played most all of the single-player campaign and though I actually enjoyed it quite a bit, I really did get this game, like most people, for the online multiplayer.  I was depressingly bad in comparison to every other player online, but I never let it bother me.  The fun was simply in competing, or working with Jesse and ignoring everyone else; because there was never any chance of us being number 1 on the charts at this game.


     Call of Duty: Modern Warfare isn't the kind of game I sit back and wish I could go back and play again.  It's more of a game that was great at the time and offered a fantastic multiplayer experience between friends.  I can see why so many people continue to buy into this series and series' like this, it's just an experience in and of itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment