Thursday 21 August 2014

DAY 233 / GAME 233 FarCry 3

DAY 233 / GAME 233


FarCry 3

      FarCry 2 was a bit surprise for me.  It turned out to be so good in my books that when FarCry 3 was announced, I was a little hesitant.  Hesitant because I wasn't certain exactly what it was about FC2 that was so enjoyable.  I mean, it all was, but I couldn't pinpoint why I just couldn't put it down and if I couldn't, who's to say Ubisoft could?


        So with that in mind, my concern was simply that FarCry 3 could very well end up being FarCry 2 without all the fun.  However, the initial response from people I trusted was that the game was easily comparable to the later one and if anything suffered only from being too short.  (Which I am not sure I understand.)  So, when presented with a half-decent sale price of $20 I grabbed this without a second thought.


         I settled down into FarCry 3 just as I had in 2.  It was like putting on an old pair of shoes, the whole thing just felt right.  Ubisoft managed to make a whole new game that was comfortable close to the old one but still fresh and new.  They added a new hunting and crafting element to the game which really expanded it.  Now, on top of blowing up arms convoys, collecting an arsenal and lighting fields on fire, you were pushed to hunt certain animals during special missions which provide you with the resources to craft particular items.  Items like improved ammo pouches, arrow quivers and rucksacks to help you out in your missions.


     Ubisoft really just made this superbly enjoyable, free-roaming game set in a wild location that allows you do drive, hangglide, swim and walk through.  Graphically it's impressive, the characters are fantastic (most of them) and overall nothing bad can be said about the general gameplay or controls.  It another game that I couldn't wait to get back to and another game that I stayed up late playing because it's much to easy to just play 'one more mission' or unlock 'one more radio tower'.  Ubisoft won be over with this series and I am very excited to pick up FarCry 4 when it's released in the near future.



No comments:

Post a Comment